January 2000 - Volume 3 - Issue
Medical & Dental Expectations For
This past summer, Denver County Department of Human Services sent out a notice for
guidelines to be used to ensure Foster Care compliance in medical/dental appointments for
children who are in placement.
Presidio not only holds the same expectations but requires the
following guidelines of Presidio's therapeutic foster care homes:
- Routine Medical Exam Schedule:
- - From birth - 12 months
- - 2 weeks - 15 months
- - 2 months - 18months
- - 4 months - 24 months (2 yr.)
- - 6 months - 30 months (2 ½ yr.)
- - 9months - 36 months (3 yr.)
- - Children 4 and older require a full exam and current immunizations every
Routine Dental Exam Schedule:
- - No routine dental exams needed until age three unless required by a physician.
- - Children 3 years of age and older need dental exams ever six months.
- Initial Placement of Foster children:
- Denver County guidelines suggest the exam schedule only at the initial placement into
foster care from the child home. However, Presidio requires that
all children being place in your home follow these guidelines.
- * Medical appointment must be scheduled within 2 weeks of placement and a dental
appointment within 8 weeks of placement.
- If you have further questions, please contact your treatment coordinator or Presidio's
January 2000 - Volume 3 Issue 1 - Articles