- I have so much love inside of me
- Of which I want to share.
- With all the needy children,
- That there is in Foster Care.
Your love and understanding,
- Is put to the test.
- When you give a child all you've got,
- And they ask you for the rest.
Sometimes you make a difference,
- For a child within your care.
- But more than not you're criticized,
- For the time that they stayed there.
So many thoughts cloud my mind,
- My heart is filled with pain.
- Kids I thought I was helping
- Have laid on me, the blame.
- You're guilty till proven innocent,
- The system lets you know.
- And you sit there, all alone,
- With no where else to go.
You spend your life establishing,
- A name of which you're proud.
- A bitter child speaks ill of you,
- And now you wear a shroud.
- But it makes it all worth while to me,
- To put up with this strife.
- If I have made a difference,
- In ONE young person's life!